0.9 Stable "Ma" Released!
Posted by GlyphGryph at 2013-11-15 06:25:33 UTC
Details and Discussion in the Forum Thread
It took a bit longer than expected, but release 0.9 is no officially released! There's a lot of stuff that was added and a lot that's changed, but despite it all there shouldn't be any problems bringing your 0.8 saves forward to this version if you want to.
As always, you can see the full feature list in the forum thread announcement, but I'll give you a taste right here and now:
- World Factor, the first part of the mod manager, is now in, allowing you to maintain multiple worlds at the same time with different characters and settings.
- SDL version now has mouse support, and TsuTiles is the new graphical standard bearer, based on SirHoder's tiles. (While we can't yet package it with the release, I strongly encourage you to check out HRose's Retro Tileset if you're interested in a beautiful looking classic feel)
- New items, new recipes, new traits, new professions, new mutations, new enemies, new vehicles, new everything.
- Fungaloids have been reworked, and will now behave a bit differently. Worth checking them out. Spawn mechanics were also reworked - some stronger monsters will not appear until later in the game, and some monsters will only appear in certain seasons or at certain times of day.
- Vehicles and vehicle construction received a significant overhaul.
And there's some other stuff too - this is just the highlights, as I see them.
We've been holding off on a lot of major changes recently to make sure this branch is super-stable - but that means that the Experimental, for those riding the edge, is going to be a lot LESS stable for a while, as it sees a rapid introduction of all the bits and pieces that were put off until after release.
And with that, I wish you all a good night. Enjoy, Cataclysm fans!
Side note: For everyone who's bugged me about wanting to financially support the game post-Kickstarter, you are now able to do that! Huzzah!